Tuesday, September 22, 2009

#005 Fantasy Album Art

Did you hear? Coldplay is releasing their next album: And We Lived... 
Or not.
Okay, sorry to get you all excited, but I came up with an interesting idea as a challenge for myself in my precious little free time. 
Since I'm learning Adobe Illustrator right now, I thought about using vector art to design an album cover for a band. I like Coldplay quite a bit, so I thought it would be fun to design their next release, especially since their 2005 release X&Y featured a vector-like cover.

XYCoverBig.jpg


So, I came up with a dumb album name, and some sappy song titles and created a front & back for it:


I had the concept of a setting sun in my head, and just played around a little with an interesting horizon line, some cool fill colors, and a bunch of circles. In the end you get a really nice clean graphic look.
Looks like a chart-topper to me. Not to mention it's got a bonus remix of Lovers in Japan on it. Can't beat that. Okay Chris Martin, if you need art for the next record, call me up!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

He would be crazy not to contact you... he should pack up Gwyneth and his little prodigies, Apple and Moses, and head to Shelbyville right away!

Will Kelly said...

That's what I'm talkin' about!