Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Craft of Illustration: Character Studies








I haven't been posting much of my work from The Lamp Post Guild class I've been working through, "Craft of Illustration" taught by Justin Gerard, primarily because it's mostly been rough sketches and thumbnails up to now. But these are some character studies I just finished up to share with the class that I thought I would post here. The scene I'm illustrating is from C. S. Lewis' The Silver Chair in which Jill Pole leaves the castle of Cair Paravel sailing through the night sky on the back of an Owl. I'll be sure to post more as I start to finish up the illustration.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thrilled to see this. As a huge fan of Narnia, owls in general, and barn owls in specific, I am most certainly eagerly awaiting the final piece.