Thursday, June 7, 2012

#159 Tristan & Iseult: Tristan Study


Tristan (Study)
Sepia & White Pencil on Toned Paper


I wasn't as excited about the way this one turned out. However, the drawing comes very close to the original idea that I had. I'm going for a very stern, Richard Armitage look. The helmet design is spawned from an actual Celtic helmet design that I discovered on the internet. I added a lot of flourishes. The Boar design comes from Rosemary Sutcliff's story, which portrays the shield that Tristan carries as displaying a wild boar design (which I hope to include in the finished illustration). I carried this a bit further to being part of the crest that runs along the top of the helmet.

______________

So, signing off for now. I'll be back in 2 weeks with a full IMC 2012 recap!

-Will



No comments: