Saturday, November 9, 2013

Photoshop Character Study: Professor

Decided to go in a bit of a different direction with this one.

Photoshop allows me to really play around with shapes - I can endlessly create shapes on separate layers, then pose and adjust them until I get a finished product I'm pleased with. 
I'm always really nervous when the topic of "style" comes up, but I really have a huge interest in doing kid's books, so this particular "style" is something I'm toying around with. I'll do a super fast sketch in my sketchbook to get the basic feel of the character, then start immediately composing on the computer. It's a fast and fun process...

Also, I'm interested in playing with color more lately, and Photoshop offers great tools for that. You may be seeing a lot more of this type of work in the future. Stay tuned!
___________________________

P. S. : ALSO! Sketchbooks have been ordered! Watch this space for more information on getting yours in the next week or so!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the amount of character in this . . . character. I also like the checkered jacket, although the pattern does seem pasted–on; especially around the sleeve areas, where it ought to be wrinkling with the folds. But he looks great. Also super excited about the sketchbooks–I can't wait to get mine!