Thursday, February 9, 2012

#145 Some News!


1.

Just a quick break here for a little self-promotion (this won't take long, trust me). I wanted to announce that I have created a brand-new Tumblr blog, WTK to showcase only finished illustrations, graphic design projects, and sketches. This differs from Drawing the Sword in that I am being quite strict in what pieces I post there, in order to maintain a constant showing of my best work. Drawing the Sword (the blog you're looking at now) has primarily evolved into a place to share my work process, or how I get art pieces done. So go check it out, and share the link if you're so inclined! Hopefully you might find some pieces you're familiar with, or find a new favorite. Here's the link: http://willkellyart.tumblr.com/

2.
The second bit of news is that yesterday I learned that my registration was finalized, and that I will be attending the Illustration Master Class in Amherst, Massachusetts! There were only 6 spots left when I frantically sent my application, sweating all the way, hoping I hadn't missed out. Thankfully, I was able to secure a spot for the 2012 class in June. It is going to be an amazing week with the opportunity to learn one-on-one with artists like Greg Manchess, James Gurney, Dan dos Santos, and a whole bunch more. I am so excited, and humbled that I was granted this amazing learning opportunity. I will definitely be posting more news about this as it comes - and of course, pictures of the actual class!

So, that's about it for now, I'll get back to posting more on my Desert Chase illustration soon.

-Will

No comments: