Quick Sketch of a Dude from the 1960's *
*this is not a self portrait. Unfortunately I don't look this cool.
*Also this image has very little to do with the actual blog post below.
1. Blog Changes - Over the coming weeks I will be slowly but surely making some significant aesthetic changes to the blog interface. This will include (hopefully) a redesigned header, a visually unified series of buttons/banners for the sidebar, etc. I want this thing to look good.
2. More Posts - I will be trying to be posting LOTS more in the future. I don't want to bore you with sub-par sketches, but I'm working like crazy to build up a portfolio, so there is going to be lots more to show you over the coming weeks. Also, I may start posting more stuff about what inspires me, what things I'm thinking about. I want this blog to be somewhat more personal, I want it to be a place where you can come to get inspired.
3. Lose the # System - This is something that is bittersweet for me. After a lot of thought, I think it would be better for everyone to stop "numbering" the posts. It was an integral part of the concepts I had when brainstorming the blog, but I think it's something has run its course.
4. Unveiling my Etsy store! - I'm in the process of setting up an Etsy store for Drawing The Sword. It will be an integral part of the Drawing the Sword online presence, and I hope to sell original paintings, drawings, art prints, cards, bookmarks, and possibly an occasional comic:) I will be updating you with more information on this as it comes, so stay tuned! Also, I'm looking for art print services that are reliable and produce quality results. If you've had any experience with this type of thing, please leave a comment on this post. I would love to hear of printing services you have had success with in the past.
5. New Gallery & Contact Page - I've also set up a 2nd blog (which was about the only way for me to create a dedicated portfolio page) where I've posted some of my best work. I'll be regularly updating this, so check back frequently. I've set up a contact page as well, so if you have any project inquiries, questions, or just want to chat you can check it out. The links are right up there next to my profile pic.
So that's about the shape of things. I hope to make this blog a much more exciting place from now on! Glad you're reading, and I hope you're feeling inspired already.
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven